2022.7.8 UPDATE: My 999th ‘Fresh Start’


This was an encouraging week, but the struggle to get moving again continues.  If you hit the ‘READ MORE’ button, I’ll share all the details with you.


First, my distributor confirmed there is a problem with the batch of rubber I have in the shop.  They sent free replacement for this rubber over-night, which wasn’t cheap.  It shows the commitment to customer service I wish all companies had and I was impressed.  So, I have new rubber now and can continue with my new products.

On other fronts, I have almost finished cleaning up the shop.  When I get it all finished, I plan to take and post a video walk-around of the shop so interested people can see where the ‘magic’ happens (as one visiting customer once said of the shop 🙂 ).


As I write this, Friday, July 8, there are two orders in house.  They both came in over the last 12-18 hours.  I will do my best to get them both shipped early next week.


I do not have anything new this week and I might not have anything next week, either.  It is going to take a week or two before I have things moving forward again, but at least we are moving.  Hopefully, it will show on your end very soon.


Next up: the M-18 tools with cast-in brackets and straps.  I will not move from this until I have this item finished and on the market.  Then and only then, I will get back to the M-18 driver’s compartment and the rest of the interior.


I spoke with Karl earlier this week.  He is trying to focus on finishing the 2 Sherman upper hulls he has been working on for a while now.  He has the same bad habit I have: he likes to work on many different projects at the same time.  It might be fun, but it gets in the way of finishing things.  He is trying to correct that 🙂


I have all but a few isolated sub-master boxes made, labeled and stored in their drawers.  I have also filed the majority of the lose sub-masters that I have had lying around the shop since we moved here in 2017.  In some cases, these sub-masters have been lying around far longer.  BB also helped me finish the instruction and packing header files.  She got all the lose material filed in their proper folders for me.  Both of these things have never ever been completely finished in the history of TMD.  If all goes well, I hope to have the molds stored by the end of today, as well.  Once all of this is completed, I will have the cleanest, most organized shop I have ever had.  It may sound trivial to you, but it has me very excited — because I will actually be able to find what I am looking for when I need it 🙂


I still have to set up the new monitor so I can get my dual monitor setup back.  I work much more efficiently that way.  I also have to put a few more smaller things I bought for the shop together or in place so they are being used and not just sitting in Dave’s chair doing nothing.  I also need to finish a few small chores to clean up the master bench.  If and when I feel ‘domestic,’ I will clean up the ‘lounge’ section of the office but, for now, it has a definite ‘dorm look’ to it.  Still, the office is in decent shape and functioning well.


OK, I’m not going to lie: I feel tired — but I am not burned out.  I just need to get through the next few weeks.  Once I finish cleaning the shop and office, I hope I’ll have a ‘new’ or ‘fresh start’ feeling that will help me get moving forward again.  I’m thinking I need to focus on some other, personal issues, as well.  I need to lose some weight and start using BB’s gym, but for a different reason than most might think.  I just figure that, if I focus on trying to improve other areas of my life, older problem areas might actually ‘fall in place.’  At least, this is the idea.  We’ll have to see if I actually do it and, if I do, how well it works.  LOL 🙂


Well, that’s all I have for everyone this week.  Until next time, you stay safe and try to build something (preferably something using TMD resin).


Leave a Reply